Haskap Berry Gummy Candies
- 1 cup haskap berry juice
- 2 Tbsp unflavoured gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
1. To make the haskap berry juice, combine 1 cup fresh haskap berries and 1 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and allow it to simmer for five minutes. Strain the mixture through a mesh sieve into a bowl. Mash the berries up against the sieve with a spatula to extract as much juice as possible. (Don’t throw away the fruit pulp – add it to a smoothie or a fruit crumble!). Measure 1 cup of juice for the recipe.
2. In a small bowl, combine the gelatin and 1/4 cup water. Ensure there are no lumps in the mixture as that will affect the quality of the candy.
3. Combine the haskap berry juice, sugar, and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Add the gelatin and whisk the mixture together until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove the mixture from the heat.
4. Carefully pour the mixture into a silicone candy mold. Refrigerate the candies for 2 hours, then pop them out of the mold and enjoy!
Note: As of this posting, I have not yet tested this recipe using vegan gelatin so I cannot guarantee the success of it with this substitute ingredient. I will test it as soon as I can and report back!
Find more haskap berry recipes in The Little Prairie Book of Berries!
these sound delicious
Kan niet anders dan lekkerzijn met deze elementen