Welcome to Flowery Prose!
Here at Flowery Prose, you'll find me musing about plants...everything from my experiments with flowers and veggies in my garden to the wild (and maybe not-so-wild) flora I discover while walking in city parks or hiking in the mountains and the prairies near my home.
Thank you so much to all of my wonderful followers and friends for your support and feedback - you are all AMAZING! I appreciate the kindness of each and every one of you!
- kitchensimplicity.com/iced-chai-tea-… Something refreshing to drink after a morning spent in the garden! :)Pressed 4 hours ago
- Recipes: Rhubarb-Strawberry-Honey Lemonade and Rhubarb-Strawberry Cobbler. wp.me/pR4EX-QqPressed 1 day ago
- Susan Jane Gilman - Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven. wp.me/p1hKad-gUPressed 2 days ago
- Gretchen Rubin - The Happiness Project. wp.me/p1hKad-gNPressed 4 days ago
- Calgary's elm trees under attack; arborists urge war on pests calgaryherald.com/life/Calgary+t…Pressed 4 days ago
- Snapshots: Colour and texture. wp.me/pR4EX-QcPressed 1 week ago
- What best to do if you find an "abandoned" baby bird this spring: birdcanada.com/dont-touch-tha…Pressed 1 week ago
- Tip of the week: Deal with those tree suckers at the source calgaryherald.com/life/week+Deal…Pressed 1 week ago
- These LEGO birds are incredible! What an artist! flickr.com/photos/detomas…Pressed 1 week ago
- Hoodoos. wp.me/s34DdQ-hoodoosPressed 1 week ago
- Alpine strawberries. wp.me/pR4EX-Q4Pressed 1 week ago
- RHS' 10 Most Ugly Plants - do you agree? telegraph.co.uk/gardening/gard…Pressed 1 week ago
- Bridge across the Bow. wp.me/p34DdQ-1tPressed 2 weeks ago
- Practice ethical nature photography for the health of all wildlife! htheblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/pho…Pressed 2 weeks ago
- Introduced species causes problems for ladybugs - entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/bene…Pressed 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Recipes: Rhubarb-Strawberry-Honey Lemonade and Rhubarb-Strawberry Cobbler.
- About me.
- Pest to watch (out for): Red lily beetle.
- Wild rose petal jelly.
- Snapshots: Colour and texture.
- Super soilless seedling sowing.
- Operation Let-Your-Hare-Down (Part One).
- Flowery spotlight: Dwarf golden flax.
- Northern cherry blossoms.
- Pest to watch (out for): Satin moth.
I’m part of Garden-Share!
- Rhubarb Cake June 4, 2013Celebrate rhubarb season with cake!
- Red Lily Beetles May 16, 2013Red lily beetles are a serious threat to your lily plants - here are a few tips to combat them.
- Baked Apples - Your Way! May 2, 2013Baked apples are scrumptious on the grill or from the oven - plus, you can customize the toppings!
- Artillery Fungus April 10, 2013If you have wood mulch in your garden, you may be inadvertently encouraging a very messy, unwanted pest....
- Recipe: Fruit Smoothie with Corn Shoots March 25, 2013Add flavor and nutrition to your fruit smoothies with greens you've grown yourself.
- Rhubarb Cake June 4, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Posts I Like
Important copyright stuff.© Sheryl Normandeau and Flowery Prose, 2010-2013. Please don't copy anything I've written or photographed without my consent. (Links are great, though). Thanks for respecting my work!