Wordless Wednesday: Mugo pine.
Posted by Sheryl @ Flowery Prose on January 23, 2013
Welcome to Flowery Prose!
Here at Flowery Prose, you'll find me musing about plants...everything from my experiments with flowers and veggies in my garden to the wild (and maybe not-so-wild) flora I discover while walking in city parks or hiking in the mountains and the prairies near my home.
Thank you so much to all of my wonderful followers and friends for your support and feedback - you are all AMAZING! I appreciate the kindness of each and every one of you!
- Simple strategy saving birds from colliding with wires, electrocution edmontonjournal.com/technology/Sim… via @edmontonjournalPressed 17 hours ago
- Can earthworms protect plants against slugs? telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife…Pressed 18 hours ago
- Want to grow celery? Read this first: weekendgardener.net/blog/2013/04/t…Pressed 19 hours ago
- Some tips for growing kohlrabi: weekendgardener.net/blog/2013/04/s…Pressed 19 hours ago
- Pruning gone wild...really wild..."Crimes Against Horticulture": billygoodnick.com/crimes-against…Pressed 20 hours ago
- How to grow scented geraniums: weekendgardener.net/blog/2013/05/g…Pressed 1 day ago
- Book Briefs: Urban Camping and How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You wp.me/p1hKad-gFPressed 1 day ago
- RT @YYCbees: Check out that #honey at the @Fairmont_PAL #beehive! http://t.co/JCD9wiKaSBPressed 1 day ago
- Celebrate Day of the Honeybee at Calgary Hillhurst-Sunnyside Farmers' Market, May 29 #yyc - bees4communities.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/nat…Pressed 1 day ago
- What to avoid while mulching your trees: jacobstreesurgery.wordpress.com/2010/04/19/mul…Pressed 2 days ago
- Some great photos of cedar apple rust - keep on high alert for this in your garden: naturesnippets.com/2013/05/15/ced…Pressed 2 days ago
- Fact sheet for treating apple maggot: edmonton.ca/for_residents/…Pressed 2 days ago
- Northern cherry blossoms. wp.me/pR4EX-PnPressed 4 days ago
- Wonderful reading by Guy Gavriel Kay last night @calgarylibrary #yyc! calgaryherald.com/entertainment/…Pressed 4 days ago
- Combat red lily beetles with this great how-to article: localgardener.net/pages.php?lang…Pressed 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Northern cherry blossoms.
- Pest to watch (out for): Red lily beetle.
- Water retaining crystals - yay or nay?
- Kinnikinnick and Elbow Falls.
- Operation Let-Your-Hare-Down (Part One).
- Operation Let-Your-Hare-Down (Part Two).
- About me.
- What to do with all that wintercress?
- Syringa bling.
- Recipe: Sea buckthorn and apple jelly.
I’m part of Garden-Share!
- Red Lily Beetles May 16, 2013Red lily beetles are a serious threat to your lily plants - here are a few tips to combat them.
- Baked Apples - Your Way! May 2, 2013Baked apples are scrumptious on the grill or from the oven - plus, you can customize the toppings!
- Artillery Fungus April 10, 2013If you have wood mulch in your garden, you may be inadvertently encouraging a very messy, unwanted pest....
- Recipe: Fruit Smoothie with Corn Shoots March 25, 2013Add flavor and nutrition to your fruit smoothies with greens you've grown yourself.
- Canada Thistle March 9, 2013What are the most troublesome weeds in your garden? Is Canada thistle one of them?
- Red Lily Beetles May 16, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Posts I Like
Important copyright stuff.© Sheryl Normandeau and Flowery Prose, 2010-2013. Please don't copy anything I've written or photographed without my consent. (Links are great, though). Thanks for respecting my work!