Wordless Wednesday: ‘Apple Blossom’ Amaryllis.
Posted by Sheryl @ Flowery Prose on January 9, 2013
Welcome to Flowery Prose!
Here at Flowery Prose, you'll find me musing about plants...everything from my experiments with flowers and veggies in my garden to the wild (and maybe not-so-wild) flora I discover while walking in city parks or hiking in the mountains and the prairies near my home.
Thank you so much to all of my wonderful followers and friends for your support and feedback - you are all AMAZING! I appreciate the kindness of each and every one of you!
- Marathon runner to make assault on Guinness record wearing full lacrosse gear calgaryherald.com/sports/Maratho…Pressed 1 day ago
- @boomergirl50 Thank you so much! What a fascinating place to visit.Pressed 1 day ago
- The future of monitoring environmental conditions for plants? Neat gadget, anyway! treehugger.com/gadgets/monito…Pressed 2 days ago
- Rain...and a garden update. wp.me/pR4EX-PIPressed 2 days ago
- Bankhead rhubarb. wp.me/pR4EX-PuPressed 3 days ago
- Simple strategy saving birds from colliding with wires, electrocution edmontonjournal.com/technology/Sim… via @edmontonjournalPressed 6 days ago
- Can earthworms protect plants against slugs? telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife…Pressed 6 days ago
- Want to grow celery? Read this first: weekendgardener.net/blog/2013/04/t…Pressed 6 days ago
- Some tips for growing kohlrabi: weekendgardener.net/blog/2013/04/s…Pressed 6 days ago
- Pruning gone wild...really wild..."Crimes Against Horticulture": billygoodnick.com/crimes-against…Pressed 6 days ago
- How to grow scented geraniums: weekendgardener.net/blog/2013/05/g…Pressed 6 days ago
- Book Briefs: Urban Camping and How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You wp.me/p1hKad-gFPressed 6 days ago
- RT @YYCbees: Check out that #honey at the @Fairmont_PAL #beehive! http://t.co/JCD9wiKaSBPressed 1 week ago
- Celebrate Day of the Honeybee at Calgary Hillhurst-Sunnyside Farmers' Market, May 29 #yyc - bees4communities.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/nat…Pressed 1 week ago
- What to avoid while mulching your trees: jacobstreesurgery.wordpress.com/2010/04/19/mul…Pressed 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Rain...and a garden update.
- Bankhead rhubarb.
- Northern cherry blossoms.
- Pest to watch (out for): Red lily beetle.
- Sunday spotlight: Viburnum opulus 'Roseum'.
- Garden tour: Dorothy Harvie Gardens, Calgary.
- Disease to watch (out for): Black knot fungus.
- About me.
- Recipe: Sea buckthorn and apple jelly.
- Recipe: Saskatoon berry drink mix.
I’m part of Garden-Share!
- Red Lily Beetles May 16, 2013Red lily beetles are a serious threat to your lily plants - here are a few tips to combat them.
- Baked Apples - Your Way! May 2, 2013Baked apples are scrumptious on the grill or from the oven - plus, you can customize the toppings!
- Artillery Fungus April 10, 2013If you have wood mulch in your garden, you may be inadvertently encouraging a very messy, unwanted pest....
- Recipe: Fruit Smoothie with Corn Shoots March 25, 2013Add flavor and nutrition to your fruit smoothies with greens you've grown yourself.
- Canada Thistle March 9, 2013What are the most troublesome weeds in your garden? Is Canada thistle one of them?
- Red Lily Beetles May 16, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Posts I Like
Important copyright stuff.© Sheryl Normandeau and Flowery Prose, 2010-2013. Please don't copy anything I've written or photographed without my consent. (Links are great, though). Thanks for respecting my work!